Anxiety Disorders affect 18.1 percent of adults in the United States (approximately 40 million adults between the ages of 18 to 54) (National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)). Surpassing even depression, anxiety is the most common form of mental illness in the United States. It’s estimated that approximately 10 percent of teenagers and 40 percent of adults suffer from an anxiety disorder of some kind (www.dosomething.org).
Red Head Yoga Mindful Yoga for Adult Anxiety is a 6-week course and/or one day workshops which encompasses an intensive understanding for adults who want to work deeper how to recognize what happens to their body in anxiety and how to help deal with their anxiety. This class meets once a week for 1 ½ hours to 2 hours.
All adults from 20 – 100.
To register for the Mindful Yoga for Adult Anxiety, go to the Red Head Yoga website and click on the Yoga for Anxiety page. Scroll down till you see the Mindful Yoga for Adult Anxiety and click the “sign up” button.
Taught by Cindy Beers, MS, 500-hr RYT, 6-week class involves looking at the understanding of
- What happens to their body when it is anxious (the physical signs)
- What is adult anxiety (it is different than teen anxiety)
- Explore what triggers your anxiety
- The different types of anxieties (including panic attacks and stress)
- The importance of meditation
- Exploration of different meditations and works for you.
- How to do anxiety coping modalities including:
- The Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT or Tapping)
- Breathing (pranayama)
- yoga sequences and poses (asanas) specifically for anxiety.
- Exploration into body image
- Power of affirmations
- How to lead a mindful life
- Create a home yoga practicing using yoga poses (asanas) that are specifically effective in calming anxiety.
Each class starts off with meditation and tapping followed by what is being taught for that day. Classes weekly range in topics from triggers of adult anxiety, exploring different meditations which will work for you, physical signs of anxiety, breathing (pranayama), journaling, body image, affirmations, leading a mindful life, and a creating a home yoga practice and yoga poses (asanas) which is specific for anxiety.
Contact Cindy with any questions HERE!
See the schedule below to find when classes are being held and where.